Here are some pirate biscuits which are a bit like a digestive. Unfortunately this proved a problem for me as you can’t only eat one digestive they are too yummy – so I won’t be making them again for a while – far too moreish!. We used a gingerbread cutter but none of my children like gingerbread so I thought I would try something different.
8oz (250g) butter
5oz (140g) caster sugar
1 egg yolk
9oz (300g) wholemeal flour
1/4 tps salt
tube of black icing
fondant icing in different colours
Balls and stars to decorate
Cook Time: 15 mins
Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Mix together the butter, sugar and egg.
- Stir in the flour and salt.
- Make into a dough.
- Wrap in cling film and put into the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough to about 5mm thick. Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter and place onto greaseproof paper.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until a light golden colour.