2 onions, halved and sliced
Knob of butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500g spinach, washed and roughly chopped
Pinch grated nutmeg
200g feta cheese (crumbled)
2 eggs, beaten
4 large sheets filo pastry
1. Heat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6
2. Cook the onions in a knob of butter until golden and soft. Add garlic and cook for a couple of minutes. Add spinach in batches and cook until wilted. These steps will need to be done by an adult.
3. Cool, then tip into a bowl, leaving behind any excess liquid from the spinach. Mix in the nutmeg, feta, eggs. Season.
4. Melt some more butter. Put the first sheet of filo in the tin and brush with butter, letting the excess hang over the edges of the tin.
5. Keep going with the rest of the sheets, turning a little before adding each additional pastry sheet and brushing all over with the butter. When all the pastry is used up, tip in the filling and fold over the excess pastry to cover.
6. Butter the top.
7. Then bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes until the filo is crisp and golden.
7. Leave for a few minutes before turning out.
We served it with potato wedges.
Find out more and follow the Pinterest board here: