Sandwiches may seem like a simple food item with two slices of bread and layers of food items in between them. You can go for meat, cheese, vegetables, butter, chicken, jam, and many more. And if you spread butter over the slices of the bread, your sandwich can get even tastier.
In almost all parts of the world, sandwiches are famous. Carry it along in your lunch boxes, on picnics, to offices, as meals, and is also a common food item during trekking, hiking, and outings. Chicken sandwiches can be eaten as a full meal or as a side dish; the taste is hard to beat.
Chicken Sandwich Recipe
You can prepare a quick chicken sandwich under 10-15 minutes, and all you need is mixed veggies, spiced chicken chunks, and spicy mayo. Just get all the ingredients ready. It would take only 10 minutes to sauté the chicken and making it ready for use in your sandwich.
You can make it on your griddle / Tawa, grill pan, sandwich griller, or even a toaster; the taste remains very much the same with minor variations.
We suggest you use the spicy mayo instead of the off the shelve mayonnaise.
Many chicken sandwich recipes prefer boiled or shredded chicken, and you may also use it that way. However, we like to sauté and spice up the chicken first. Once done, you can add the mayo sauce. The good thing with chicken sandwiches is that you can use leftover chicken from other recipes.
Step by Step
Ingredients of homemade spicy chicken sandwich
- 1 Cup chicken, boiled, soaked overnight (as you may prefer)
- 2 tsp spicy mayo
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 nos bread
- Capsicum/ball peppers, tomato, onion, cucumber as required
- 1 Lettuce
- Butter your bread and toast till turns golden brown. Chop the onion, lettuce, and garlic evenly and add lime juice to it. Lime juice will remove the repulsive taste and smell of onion and garlic. Add veggies as per your preference like bell peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
- Take a pan with little oil and sauté the garlic till it turns aromatic, or else you can also boil it with little water.
- Add chicken to it and keep sautéing. Chicken can be minced, in small chunks, or even chopped. Chicken soaked overnight in buttermilk can also be tried.
- Add salt to it and keep sautéing till it gets thoroughly cooked. While still in the pan, you can mash the chicken further into small pieces. Use a spatula to see if it is properly cooked.
- Now it is time to add spice powders and chili powder if you prefer. Stir it rigorously and then turn the burner off.
- Once the chicken is adequately cooked, keep it aside. Take the mayo sauce, and you can also bring in crushed mustard and pepper to bring a unique zing to your chicken sandwiches.
- Add onions, parsley or coriander leaves to the mayo sauce.
- Mix everything well and add lime juice along with a little olive oil.
- Now add sautéed chicken and mix it well again.
- Spread it on the bread slices, cover it with another slice, and you are done.
Cut it into two if you like and serve. If kept at room temperature, consume it within 2 hours of the preparation.
Ready to serve, eat, and enjoy, in almost no time.
The chicken sandwich is a food item that can never disappear from the menu cards of restaurants. Vary the ingredients and bring variation in the taste every time.